Sunday 23 March 2008

Yep. Family

You know what's always been a huge thing for me?

Every once in a while I get up in the morning, sit up in my bed, stretch, and stop. My eyes open wide, and a shocking realization runs through my brain.

"I am big??? When did this happen???"

I realize in these moments that I have a hard time accepting that I am a responsible young woman now, instead of a carefree little child who spent her days finishing easy schoolwork and then going outside to play. (It wasn't always easy - but when it was, I got outside quicker. And the memories were made as a child, and these were the memories kept - more time to run under the sun! To climb the trees! To play tag with siblings and dogs! To lie in the grass and watch the fluffy clouds go by, herded like sheep by the shepherding wind.)

And, in these moments, two feelings come up:

1) I feel sorry for losing my childhood - time really does go by fast. Too fast to keep all the memories, but the ones I do have, I cherish even more.
2) I feel happy that I've made it to here, with a loving family and a wonderful Saviour.

That's the best part about all these years going by. I've grown in the relationships that matter to me. Every one of my family members is necessary. (And I don't mean that in a bad way, because I know it sounds a little bit mean to say it like that.)

What I really mean is, each one inspires, loves, and helps me. All the time. I'm very thankful for all of them. (Yes, ALL of you - even YOU. ;p)

4 comments:

  1. Cool Blog, Linda!

    Way to make my brain work. Sheesh. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Brains work best when they work, didn't you know.

    I changed the colours on my blog, because some people (Mom and Dad) were having trouble reading the light text on dark background.

    I like blue anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being necessary!!

    I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNORT.

    Sorry. ;) That's hilarious.

    I barely remember my childhood. It was over 20 years ago... *gasp, choke*

    ReplyDelete

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Smart guy.