Sunday 10 May 2009

Moms

Does anyone ever have enough to say about their Mother? 

I think too often they're taken for granted. Of course everyone knows mothers are needed; everyone knows mothers are loved. Well, maybe everyone but the mothers. 

I guess it's probably often a thankless task. 

Why is it that on one single day out of the whole year, we recognize women who work twenty four hours of every day, seven days of every week, fifty two weeks of every year? They work all the time, and they get one day? One day of everyone who's ever taken them for granted finally turning around to say "Oh, by the way, thanks for taking care of me for my entire life." 

Mother's day should be every day, or we're a bunch of rotters. Rotters, I say! 

To all the Moms out there: THANK YOU. You are far more important than the world realizes. The world was raised by you, generation by smelly, gurgling generation. You're awesome. Your patience is astounding. 

To my Mommy: you're the bestest Mom out there. You know the real me, and you love me anyway. You've taught me about God's astounding, immeasurable grace in the sinner's life.

You've been there for me, are there for me, and probably will be there for me for as long as it takes, because you're my Mom. And that's not me taking you for granted - that's me realizing that no matter what I do, you're my Mom. You love me. I can picture in some tiny measure the love of God because I understand the love of Mom. *smile* 

So, happy Mother's day. On this day, I say thank you. I'm sorry I don't say it more often. You're a wonderful Mom. 

I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. Linda, you wrote, "You love me."

    And so I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. sniff.

    --> "Oh, by the way, thanks for taking care of me for my entire life." HAHahahahahahahaa!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Smart guy.