Friday 6 January 2012

A prayer

O, what a silent, subtle creeping,
Not a full-blown charging, leaping,
But a slither, quiet, humble
Moving close to make me stumble.
Evil doesn't roar its name;
It whispers, chanting in my frame. 

Bear me up, O Lord, lest I
Should fall, succumb, relent, and die. 
Rescue me from my distressing
Hear my plea and my confessing
Answer me and make me new;
Give me life, hide me in You.

Times will change, with seasons passing
Keep me in life everlasting
Teach me joy, contentment, calm
Let Your vict'ries be a balm.
Soothe my soul in endless wonder;
Let us not be rent asunder. 

Kill the creeping sin that follows.
Fill up all my holes and hollows
With the grace of Your great mercy;
Give me faith and keep me thirsty
For Your Word; in all my sorrow,
Help me look t'ward Your tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. Kill the creeping sin... oh, yes. Come. Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Smart guy.