Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Dreamseeker

It is my business to seek dreams.
I go, attempt the catch, and hear the screams
of men and women wrapped inside their woes,
trapped inside their nightmares, in the throes
of grief and terror;
I catch these cares and 
keep them close to me.
I take their dreams and leave them silent, free.
Their fears are mine.
Their terrors, too.
It is my business to seek dreams.
It's what I do.

No mortal man may play the part I play;
In the attempt, his life would waste away
And he'd be left a shell of what he was.
It is indeed what taking terrors does.
I could be free and leave men to their dreams;
but how would they be free?
and who would ease their screams?
This is the part I play. 
I play it well.
What happens if I ever cease to play it, 
I can't tell.

Sometimes a dream escapes me
and it haunts the minds of men.
Imagine all the terrors being free; what happens then?
What happens to a world where men are plagued 
By every dream that seeks to bring them low?
What happens if their minds are terrified?
You cannot know.
It is my duty to seek dreams.
I go, I make the catch, and stop the screams
of men and women wrapped inside their fears.
It is my duty to seek dreams 
through lonely years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Smart guy.