Tuesday 18 March 2008

Enjoyment of Beauty is Natural To All

I came across a good quote today:

"Who can doubt it? Even the uneducated will admire a natural scene or be sensitive to the colour of the day or to the character of the season. The remarks of the rudest peasant about the weather have an aesthetic side. As for the capacity of simple people to notice the essentials of artistic beauty, it is a commonplace." ~ Ernest Dimnet

I do not know who Ernest Dimnet was. I do not know what he was famous for, what he believed, or what he thought every day as he got out of bed.

What I do know is that he was correct in one thing: people, no matter who they are or where they are, love beauty. People can relate to one another through a picture they see; through a marvelous sunset which stretches across the sky, bathing it in unbelievably gorgeous hues; through the simple life found in Spring, the promise found in Winter, the glory of being alive.

New Life. There is beauty in this, and everyone feels it. No matter who they are.

1 comment:

  1. Good quote.

    I have a really good pink sunset picture I should send you - now that you have high speed and all. :)

    What do YOU think every day when you get out of bed? Right now, I pretty much think "Man, do I ever have to pee!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Smart guy.